Monday, August 6, 2012

She is Getting Painted!!!!!

 Friday afternoon I was standing in my kitchen doing the HAPPY dance!!  Don and I had met with the paint and body person as well as the mural painter to talk about getting my camper painted.  She leaves next week to go off to the man's shop to get her body work and base paint.  I am soooooo excited and thrilled that it is going to happen just as I wanted!!!  I gave Val from Val Elliot Art my packet of goodies and my mock ups.  Val's mural painting is phenomenal and I can't believe she lives right here in Gray.  Another small town advantage!
 My drawings are certainly amateur and not to scale, but it will give you an idea of where we are heading.  This is the main side of the camper with the door.  Her all over color will be a pale blue.  All around the camper about half way up will have white eyelet and red trim.  Next to the handle a rose bud and down on the bottom corner a cluster of pink and red roses. The classic Shasta wings will be painted a metallic/glittery silver paint.   It will look the same on the other side.
 This represents the back of the camper.  We are adding my pin-up girl in a red bathing suit with roses all around her.
 And the front of the camper, the eyelet continues around with a garland of roses under the window.
Val was totally cool and really excited to paint this fun project.  She didn't even bat an eye at what I wanted to do.  It is going to be so awesome.
As you can see from her personalized license plate I am naming her Rosie.  Rosie 66 after the year my Shasta was built as well as the year I was born.  I will be having a Christening party with cocktails and unveiling when she is done.  So stay tuned!!!!!!


4 comments:

kandeland said...

this is going to be incredible! wish I were closer to come to the christening! awesome styling! xo

Lee Weber said...

Very cool!! She'll be the envy of everyone!

Unknown said...

Eeeek I LOVE it! I can't WAIT to see it all finished and I WISH I was there for the unveiling!

Sandy xox

LuLu Kellogg said...

Ohhh Squeeeeeee!!!! I am so happy for you I could just burst!!

I cannot wait to see this finished!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in October!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo