Thursday, May 12, 2011

Simple Pleasures...

It has been a great day. I started out having breakfast with my gal pals right after we dropped off the kids to school. We like to meet up at least once a month and have breakfast to chat and catch up. It is always a blast. After I left them, I did a little shopping, bought the newest copy of Somerset Life and headed home to have lunch.
I grabbed my sandwich and my new mag and headed out under the ceiling fans in my back porch. I put my feet up and enjoyed a few hours of quiet before S comes home. I also share this picture to show you the pillows I made this week. I found a lovely old vintage cloth a few months ago and finally dug it out.
The red flowers just pop off this fabric and liven up the place a little. I had 2 perfectly good pillows, but the fabric had faded over time. So I recovered them with this wonderful vintage fabric. Finally some homemaking going on around here. It has been so good to be home for a while. I found a really good house cleaning service and they started this week. Clean house, laundry done, girls morning, shopping, quiet time, Somerset Life....... Simple Pleasures!

5 comments:

Lee Weber said...

Sounds wonderful!!

Cassie Shella said...

Oh I love the colors on those pillows! I know what you mean about simple pleasures, I only wish that it was warm enough here in northeast Ohio to enjoy the outdoors. Rainy and the highs only in the upper forties here all week. Enjoy your simple pleasures - you deserve them:)

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Your porch is gorgeous! I hope to see you in July!!

Sandy xox

Tam said...

HI! Hope all is well. Busy here for a little bit. It looks like Marietta is my future. Your pillows rock! I love that fabric! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!
Thanks for sharing, it's inspirational! :)