Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fun at the Beach and Some Goodies and Gifts

We just came back from a wonderful time at the beach. This is a picture from Destin, Florida. The beaches had the whitest of sand and the water was several shades of turquoise and blue. We had a ball swimming in the ocean and getting full of sand.Our little bathing beauty had a great time. She is a bit of a dare devil in the surf so it kept us busy.
Here is Hubby helping to build sand castles. We did not make any kind of masterpiece, but we did have fun in the sand.
My SIL Judy and my niece April joined us. This was at the Crab Trap Restaurant that looked out over the ocean. April looks way to cute and way too cool to be only 10. Grannie and grandaughter at its best!
Destin had the prettiest beaches ever, but it was very busy and very built up. I prefer more quiet and quaint places. If you like the beaches and night life, etc. then this place is for you.


When I returned home I was loaded down at the mail box with some goodies and also some gifts.
In a very large box at my door was this first surprise. My Aunt Bev who lives in Va. Beach sent this to me. It is a table top fountain with a bird no less! It is so perfect and so me! It is on my front porch right now but will be in my studio when it is finished being built.
This is such a pretty little fountain and it has a very nice trickling sound.

This next gift is from Judy who gave this to me recently in honor of Mother's Day.This a beautiful keepsake book. Judy knows I love birds so when she saw this she thought of me right away. It has the most wonderful artwork and pages inside. There are even pockets for keepsake items. Here are a few of the page layouts.
I can't wait to start filling the pages of this family keepsake. This will be wonderful to past down to Shelby one day.

This next gift was from my neighbor Annette. This was a Thank you for collecting their mail and watering their plants while they were away on holiday.
This is too cute. It is a stack of paper drink coasters inside a nest. It is made by Mud Pie. This will be perfect to use for all of the company I will be having this summer. A few may have to be used in some crafts I think. They are just so pretty.


The next mail surprise was a pretty ATC from Angie. She sent this as a thank you for joining in a recent ATC jam.Thanks, Angie. I really love the ATC.


Last, but not least was something that I bought.

I ordered this sparkly Paris sign from Lidy over at the French Garden House. It came beautifully wrapped and she even sent me a bag of lovely soap petals as a little gift. I just love her business card which is the size and shape of a post card.
Lidy has a beautiful blog and her website with all antiques and pretty gifts is a favorite place to visit. She has created a great business and it is all so pretty to look at. She has a real class act going here, girls. It is something for sure to admire. Go check it out. You will not be disappointed, but beware. It is hard not to find something to buy!

I hope you all have a good rest of the week.

Love to all,
Tammy

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, your daughter is sooo cute! I miss Florida! You got some amazing gifts! I just had to buy the Paris sign as well! Thanks for telling us about it!
P.S How did you get the polka dot backgoround on your blog page?

Sandyxox

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Hi Tammy!

What a doll your little one is. I am so glad you all had a great time.:)

Thanks so much for ordering this from us...I hope you love it! Thanks, too, for the sweet comments about the site.

Heather Grow said...

I really want to put my feet in that sand. Looks like a great time.

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

I want to go to the ocean now! Hope you had fun. Your little girl is precious too. I also love that fountain, what a wonderful surprise to find in the mail.

Faith

Cassie said...

Ahh the ocean, the beach, the breeze...sounds wonderful. What a great way to spend time with your family. And what great gifts to come home to! I love the fountain, I would keep it on your porch it's so pretty and peaceful! Thanks for sharing your vacation, Cassie

Vie Chaotique said...

I adore French Garden House as well and only hope that my business is near the class act, as you say, that she it.

Lee Weber said...

Hi- lovely vacations and lovely goodies! I love the Paris glitter, and have been to site and eyed it before. SIGH. I was hoping to try and cut one with my digital cutter- yeah, haven't done that yet...

See ya soon!

Unknown said...

The beach looks amazing!! I love your bird fountain and book...so cute! And I have had my eye on those glittery signs at French Garden House for sometime so I am super jealous...lol!!!

Anonymous said...

That beach looks like so much fun1 wish we were there now, Susie h

Sugar Bear said...

Looks like a fun trip and what a fabulous group of goodies awaiting you! Love the Paris sign and the fountain!
Karla

Anonymous said...

The water is soooo beautiful...that, coming from a girl who lives at the beach...in southern calif. Speaking of Calif.Lidy is a DEAR friend of mine. We live in the same neighborhood and shop together. She is the reason I have a blog in the first place.
Small world our little blogland is..

alittlebitofscrap said...

Love the pictures! and how fun is that bird fountain.. so adorable!! I will def check out the site. What fun goodies! :)

Glad you enjoyed the beach trip! Have you ever been to Perdido Key? It isn't as commercial as Destin and very very beautiful :)

I miss it down there.

Saucy said...

Thanks for the blog tip! Sounds very cute.

Your daredevil bathing beauty is only as big as the lemonade she is holding!

cinnibonbon said...

Aww...she looks so lovely and what a blast she is having!!!
I love the bird feeder..watering fountain thingY...I like all your themes and how they somehow relate to our feathered friends.

Ok So I heard you and your pal are spending 10 days together, how very cool is that??? Send pics please.
And lastly...FRENCH GARDEN rules, funny I've been looking at that site for months now, and here you go mentioning it...such small circles we all travel even in this wide vast land of the web.

kari and kijsa said...

What great photos, great time, and great goodies! Have a fabulous weekend!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Charmingdesigns said...

Your fountain is to much!! I love it!! The book is beautiful! Those birds wow! Laurie

michele g. said...

I LOVE DESTIN!!! I have been to Mexico,Aruba and Grand Cayman Island. The beaches just do not compair to Destin if you ask me.

Your little brid bath is so cute!

XO
M