Saturday, March 22, 2008

Before and After

I found this sweet little china sugar bowl on my last antique shopping trip in Milledgeville. Something about it spoke to me and I added it to my list of finds that day. It wasn't until I got it home and placed it on my sewing table that I got my idea.




I found some cute matching floral fabric in my stash and made a really different pincushion out of it. it is only 4 inches long handle to handle. I placed it up for sale in our Birds Shoppe. I am going to find it hard to part with. I will just have to find some other cute china pieces to make these with.

Here are some of the embellishments. One of Mom's crocheted flowers, some vintage buttons and a brass bird charm.

2 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

What a fabulous find, you've got some skills in the hunting department. Nope no changes in email, still the same.
venaqui1@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Just "sew sweet". It turned out adorable. I'll be keeping my eye out for some cute pieces for you, also. Happy Easter from Mom (MiMi)