Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Colors of Spring

Each year I anxiously await the Spring. Everything seems so drab after the Winter that I long to see the beautiful colors of Spring and Summer. In middle Georgia this time of year, the daffodils and forsythia are blooming. The red bud trees, blooming pears and cherry blossoms are all starting. The pinks and whites and yellows are just so uplifting.
The Hostas have broken ground, day lilies are poppin' up, leaves have started on my hydrangeas and I was surprised to see my begonias have come back. I won't have to replant in that little bed off the driveway this year. I wasn't planning on digging in the ground just yet, but I need to divide those hostas this year. They were over crowded. The pictures I chose for this post are really early summer flowers but I just love to see these blooms.
This basket of hyacinths was given to me when I was pregnant with my daughter. I can still remember how wonderful they smelled. These are my all time favorite Easter/spring flower. I hope that Spring is peeking its head out where you live. For those of you still waiting for the snow to finally melt, hang in there, beauty is coming.

No comments: