Monday, November 30, 2009

My First Attempt

Yesterday, I found some time at the end of the day to work on Photoshop. I made my very first blog banner for Christmas. I have loaded it above as you can see. It is definitely amateur compared to some of the work that is being done out there, but it is a start.
I signed up for another on-line course hosted by Susan Tuttle. She called it a Quickie Workshop -- Digi Holiday Cards.
Here is a sample from the class Susan is teaching. She has taught how to apply backgrounds, cut out elements, layer objects, create your own text, etc. It has been great for learning a lot of basic techniques in Photoshop Elements. All of the elements that I have included in my banner came from Cottage Arts. Go check out her site. She has some really great paper backgrounds and embellishment images to purchase for your holiday creations.
I have started creating our family holiday card. Here is a sneak peek.
This next one is one I started using my own images.
I am sure that I will change these a few more times until I get it just the way I want them. Go check out Susan's sites and consider taking one of her courses. You will not be disappointed. Her new book will be out next year and she will be teaching these digital techniques.
That book will be on my list for sure!

5 comments:

Lee Weber said...

I guess I need to buy PE to do this, huh? Looks great!!

Angela said...

I LOVE your banner!! I so need help with Photoshop, I can't do a thing with it so I just let it sit back there on my computer and do nothing with it.

Cassie Shella said...

These look fantastic! You're a natural at it. I wish my computer was working better because you've inspired me to play! (My computer is older and is having a really hard time with the size of my files and Photoshop keeps freezing up) Your banner looks awsome!

natalea said...

It's so wonderful that you are trying new things! It's good to branch out and get out of our comfortzones! Looks great too!
xo natalea

Tam said...

Your new Banner is great! Photoshop....is it scary? LOL